What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is the internationally recognized standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS). Designed to provide a framework for organizations to create a safe and healthy working environment, this standard seeks to reduce workplace injuries, promote worker well-being, and establish a global benchmark for occupational health and safety practices.
Benefits of ISO 45001 for Your Organisation
ISO 45001 fosters a proactive safety culture where employees are
Legal & Compliance Assurance
Adopting ISO 45001 helps organizations meet regulatory and legal occupational health requirements, minimizing potential liabilities.
The standard promotes continuous improvement, leading to optimized operations and reduced downtime.
Reduction in Workplace Incidents
A structured approach to identifying and addressing risks leads to fewer accidents and illnesses.
Achieving ISO 45001 certification signals a commitment to employee safety, improving stakeholder trust and corporate image.
Steps to Get ISO 45001 Certified
- Gap Analysis: Conduct an audit to determine your organization’s current OHSMS status compared to ISO 45001 requirements.
- Training & Awareness: Ensure all levels of the organization are aware of ISO 45001 and its significance. Consider professional training for key personnel.
- Develop & Implement OHSMS: Based on the gap analysis, develop an OHSMS that aligns with ISO 45001. Implement the identified processes and controls.
- Internal Audits: Conduct internal audits to assess the effectiveness of the OHSMS and identify areas for improvement.
- Management Review: Engage top management in reviewing the OHSMS, ensuring its continued suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness.
- Choose a Certification Body: Opt for an accredited certification body to conduct the official audit.
- Certification Audit: This comprises two stages – a preliminary audit to check readiness and the final certification audit.
- Address Non-conformities: If the certification body identifies any non-conformities, these need to be addressed before certification is granted.
- Achieve Certification: Once the audit is successful, your organization will be awarded the ISO 45001 certification.
- Continuous Improvement: ISO 45001 emphasizes ongoing improvement. Regularly review and refine your OHSMS to maintain compliance and optimize safety.
Time waits for no one! Call us now to get started with your ISO Certification.